Monday, April 17, 2017

🎵 I guess that's why they call it Nikki Blue...




Streaks of Blue, Nikki Blue, and Nikki White
Jack Chaucer

Learn more at Goodreads


Nikki....oh Nikki. In this trilogy, Nikki is met by angels, joins a questionable group of shady people, and then fights her way to space...well sort of...you just have to read it.





So...these books. I...honestly these books are a wild crazy ride. 
I'm going to mostly discuss the first book because I don't want to spoil the other two.

So...this first book. Streaks of Blue: 
So Nikki is met by angels. Not just any angels but the angels from the Newtown school shooting and they warn her about a school shooting that is going to happen at her school...very soon.
Nikki must try to figure out is she is going crazy or chosen to intervene.

 I honestly thought that I had made a grave mistake. I just wasn't comfortable with the writing. The fact that these angels were specifically Newtown angels made me uneasy. I just didn't like that these specific children and adults were being used in this book like this but I kept reading.  I began to enjoy the book once Adam and Nikki starting having interactions, I liked the conversations and the detention scene. I did have a hard time rationalizing good aspects to someone that was thinking about a murdering spree but I understood where this was leading. I do feel that there needed to be more about Adam's growth and his willingness to follow but by the end I enjoyed this book.

So in bird...I give this a 3.50


Book two: Nikki Blue
Oh Nikki, Nikki, Nikki...where did the Nikki from book one go? The Nikki here is unsure, quick to jump, and full of surprises. I really enjoyed the weird Bridge group however there were some scenes that made me shake my head in confusion. The relationship argument was one of those. I just didn't understand how they went from happy happy to that...it was mind boggling. I honestly thought it was going to be a setup for another relationship but that story line took a hard left and then went crazy. I know none of this makes sense but honestly I can't say much because SPOILERS!

I enjoyed the crazy on this one...

Book three: Nikki White
Completely tossed into the crazy again in this one. I went into this one not sure where it was going to go. I mean first they are here, then they are there and now surprise visitor! I enjoyed that everything I thought was going to happen didn't and everything I didn't expect did. Not everything made sense but I respect that. It made it a wild and crazy ride from page one. I am not sure how I feel about the end. I don't know how I feel about Thomas in general but I think I like it...maybe.

Again, I enjoyed this crazy one too!

I know this entire blog post is all over the place...kinda like the books I just read hahaha so yeah...go read it so you understand...just read them! 

No comments :

Post a Comment