Tuesday, May 9, 2017

The Universe is at your fingertips!



Astrophysics for People in a Hurry
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Learn more at Goodreads

Buy From Publisher

Understand the universe...open your eyes and your brain with the great Neil deGrasse Tyson



So first...I must address this....


via GIPHY

Yes, that's right....NEIL DEGRASSE TYSON!!! LOVE!!!!
So I may be a bit biased because I mean....I love him so!!!! 
So, that's why I originally grabbed this book but then I opened it and read because of ...


via GIPHY

SCIENCE!!!! 

Okay, Okay, I will try to reign in my Tyson love and GIFs some for this. 

So this book, man where to start. This book is something that you need to take slowly. This is super meaty and honestly, my head was swimming after the first chapter. Basically, I read chapter one and thought, "I feel dumb." Then I read it again and I didn't feel as dumb as before and that pretty much was the tone for the entire book. By the end, I was all 


via GIPHY

I loved this book. One because it was SCIENCE! Two because it is written by Neil deGrasse Tyson. Three because it made me smarter...even though I had to work for it.
I did think that some of it was difficult and I think that some people might immediately be turned off by that fact. I wish that it was easier to digest like some other science books I have read (cue Bill Nye here). However, I think this book is perfect for those that want to understand the universe and are willing to feel a little stupid, work a little harder, and reread until they understand.


No comments :

Post a Comment